-Under 250 Calories
Suburb Ratatouille Bake
A great classic Ratatouille with the added extra twist of baking makes delightful lunch or dinner, great as a main course or as a tasty side dish.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 1 large aubergine, medium sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, thickly sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced long ways
- ½ can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, about a small handful from the bunch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, about a small handful from the bunch
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (optional)
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 20g mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/355°F/Gas Mark 4.
In a lightly oiled frying pan cook and stir the garlic, onion for 1 minute. Next add the aubergine, pepper and courgette and cook until the vegetables have begun to soften, about 8 minutes.
Add the red wine vinegar, if using, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt, and black pepper and bring the mixture to a gentle boil, stirring frequently, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Do not overcook the vegetables at this stage, as they have some more cooking left to do.
Transfer the vegetables to a oven proof dish sprinkle the mozzarella on and bake until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes, serve immediately.