-Under 250 Calories
Tagliolini with Almond & Basil Pesto
A different weight loss friendly twist for any pasta and pesto lovers, this is a really tasty and satisfying dish for all the family.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 20g Vegetarian pasta cheese, finely grated (you can use any hard cheese)
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 250g fresh tagliolini
- 1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
With a food processor or hand blender mix together the basil, almonds, cheese, salt and pepper. Add a splash of milk if the mixture looks too dry.
Cook the pasta in unsalted boiling water according to packet instructions and make sure it is well drained.
Combine the pasta with the basil mixture in a large bowl, finally sprinkle with a little extra pasta cheese if desired, serve with a simple side salad.