-Under 300 Calories
Thai Chilli Beef
Thai stir-fry noodles with a sweet chilli and basil sauce, great for a tasty Saturday night meal.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 175g lean sirloin steak, cut to strips
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 carrot cut into long strips
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet Thai chilli sauce
- 50 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, about a handful from the bunch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil about a handful from the bunch
- 75g dried noodles
Immerse the noodles in boiled water for 1-2 minutes, until just beginning to soften and drain, put to one side.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick wok or frying pan. Add the ginger, garlic and beef until beef just browns, remove for the heat on to a separate plate keeping them warm in low heat oven or with some kitchen foil, placed just over the top.
Add the onions and carrot to the pan with a sprinkling of water, stir for 2 to 3 minutes until just softening, then return stir-fried beef strips. Stir in the Thai curry paste, sweet chilli sauce, tomatoes, coriander and basil.
Add the cooked noodles toss to heat through, about 1 to 2 minutes, serve straight away.