-Under 200 Calories
Spicy Salmon with Mixed Peppers
This great weight loss helpful flavourful dinner is a quick and easy meal for everyone.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 2 salmon steaks, fresh or defrosted frozen
- ½ a lime, squeezed
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ pepper, any colours, seeded and sliced
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 75g canned diced tomatoes un-drained (optional)
- Pinch of ground sea salt
Rub a little oil on the salmon, then place in a medium hot frying or griddle pan to cook with the lime juice for about 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
Next a lightly oiled large saucepan on a medium heat cook the onion, peppers and garlic until softened, next add the cayenne pepper and salt.
Spoon over the cooked salmon and serve with a mixed salad or selection of vegetables.