-Under 250 Calories
Shanghai Lamb Stir-fry
If you still want your Friday night take away this is a brilliant weight loss friendly alternative.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 200g lamb cut into stir-fry strips
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger
- 100g mushrooms wiped and sliced
- 150g Pak Choi
- 40g bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light sherry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 packet of noodles (optional)
Combine the oil, garlic and ginger, place lamb strips in the mixture for at least 5 minutes. In a lightly oiled wok or frying pan stir-fry the lamb strips 1-2 minutes, until done then remove from the pan keeping them warm in a low heat oven or with some kitchen foil, placed just over the top.
In the used pan or wok add the mushrooms, pak choi with a little water. Stir constantly until the pak choi is wilted slightly, but still bright in colour about 1-2 minutes.
Return the lamb strips to the pan and add the soy sauce, sherry and honey to gently heat through for 1-2 minutes.
Serve with Chinese noodles if desired.