-Under 250 Calories
Lemon & Dill Cod Steaks
od is such a versatile fish and will go really well with just about any accompanying flavour, in this slim friendly dish the fresh taste of the fennel compliments the salmon brilliantly.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- Dill, a few sprigs – about a small handful from the bunch
- ½ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 x 100g cod steaks, fresh or defrosted frozen
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemon wedges or slices (to garnish)
Combine the lemon juice, half the oil, some chopped dill and the fennel seeds if using. Add the cod steaks, covering them generously with the marinade for 10 minutes.
In a lightly oiled frying pan or griddle cook the marinated cod for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, remove the fish from pan keeping them warm in a low heat oven or with some kitchen foil, placed just over the top. Serve with the lemon wedges and a range of vegetables or tossed salad.