-Under 250 Calories
Fettuccini with Courgettes & Lemon Zest
Courgettes are a great versatile veg, it has it is own distinct flavour, but is great for taking on other flavours too, this nice light recipe with a little chilli gives it is a great new dimension.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 125 g dry fettuccini
- 2 mediums courgettes, thinly sliced length ways
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 15 g soft cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 20g Vegetarian pasta cheese, finely grated (you can use any hard cheese)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, about a small handful from the bunch
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
Cook the fettuccini according to instructions, drain and keep warm.
In a lightly oiled frying pan or saucepan cook the courgettes for 5 minutes, turning a few times until golden brown, add the lemon zest and cook for a further 2 minutes, next add the salt, pepper, parsley, soft cheese, milk to the courgette and stir constantly until the cheese is melted, finally mix the fettuccini with the cheese sauce. Serve with a sprinkling of pasta cheese and a mixed salad.