-Under 150 Calories
Brilliant Butternut Squash Soup
This a tasty and very satisfying soup, great for the winter months, but don’t save it until then, it is terrific all year round.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme about, a small handful from the bunch
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
- ½ tablespoon crème fraiche
In a large saucepan on a medium heat, sauté the chopped onion and garlic in the vegetable oil, then add the ginger and allow it to infuse with the onion and garlic. Next add most of the stock, thyme, salt, pepper and butternut squash and bring it to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the butternut squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and let the soup cool for a few minutes, then blend in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth, just add a little extra stock if you want the soup a little smoother. Serve the soup with a teaspoon of crème fraiche swirled on top.