-Under 200 Calories
Tremendous Thai Fish Cakes
This may be a weight loss meal, but it is a great dinner for all the family, great hot or cold, if cold serve with a little natural yogurt dip.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ tablespoon sugar (optional)
- ½ tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 75g canned pineapple, well drained and chopped into small pieces
- 160g can tuna in, drained
- 1 medium, egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small cooked potato, peeled boiled and mashed
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, about a small handful from the bunch
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Mix the coriander, garlic, ginger, sugar, lemon zest, red curry paste, salt and pepper until combined now stir in the pineapple, egg and mashed potato then mould into cakes shapes and put into the fridge until firm, about 10 minutes.
In a lightly oiled frying pan or griddle cook the fish cakes and cook until golden brown, serve hot with a assortment of vegetables or side salad, with a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce if desired.