-Under 250 Calories
Chilli is a great meal all year around, it is really tasty and healthy or the whole family and is a great meal for any socialising, a good to make in advance and take around when needed.
Ingredients: Serves four
- I tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (400g) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (400g) black-eyed beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes with juice
- 240ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 180ml water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 Taco trays
- Shredded lettuce, handful for each serving
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat then add the onion, pepper and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, next add the water, tomato purée, chilli powder, cumin, ground pepper, all the beans, tomatoes, vegetable stock and coriander, and bring it all to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
Serve in taco trays with a topping of sour cream and shredded lettuce with a small side dish of brown rice if desired.