-Under 350 Calories
Root Vegetable Curry
I love a curry but they are not the first thing dieters consider eating as they are generally associated with lots of high calorie and weight gaining creamy sauces and oils. However, you do not have to miss out, I’ve come up this great diet helpful curry using a little bit of coconut powder, which is a great substitute for the high-calorie ingredients of traditionally cooked curries.
Ingredients; Serves four
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and diced
- 240ml (8 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon tandoori curry powder, or your own choice of curry flavour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme about, a small handful from the bunch
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut powder, mixed with cold water to a paste
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon brown rice
- Microwaved poppodum (optional)
Cook the diced vegetables in water and drain well. Next add the stock, tandoori powder, thyme and seasoning to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered to allow some of the liquid to evaporate. Stir occasionally so it does not stick.
Next add the coconut paste and cook for a further minute stirring constantly, now remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt just before serving.
Serve with either one tablespoon plain brown rice or one microwaved popoadum, this is a substantial meal, so you may not need the rice.