Under 300 Calories
Roast Winter Vegetables with Cheese Polenta
This a great recipe for using your favourite vegetables or what you have in the fridge or veg rack that need using up.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 150g broccoli
- 150g asparagus,
- 100g mushrooms
- 100g carrots, sliced long ways
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, about a small handful from the bunch
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 100g dry, uncooked polenta
Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
Toss oil and fresh vegetables together and roast in a large, shallow oven proof dish for 35 minutes, until slightly charred.
Make the polenta according to packet instructions with water and omit any butter if it is included in the instructions, stir in cheese and divide the polenta between two gratin dishes and top with the roasted vegetables.
Serve with a green side salad.