-Under 250 Calories
Linguine with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto & Feta Cheese
A really delicious and weight loss helpful take on a pasta dinner, the sun-dried tomatoes are a great accompaniment to the pasta and the creamy feta adds just the right amount of taste balance.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 250g fresh linguine
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes, drained if in oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, about a small handful from the bunch
- 2 tablespoons ground or flaked almonds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 20g Vegetarian pasta cheese, finely grated (you can use any hard cheese)
- 30g feta cheese
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and drain through a sieve so you can retain 220ml of its cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan and cover to keep hot.
Finely chop or food process the sun-dried tomatoes and add the basil, almonds, garlic, seasoning and pasta cheese, next combine the tomato mixture with half the saved pasta water, mix together and keep adding the water until you have the thickness you desire.
Add the tomato mixture to the pasta and mix until the pasta is well coated, serve with the feta cheese crumbled over the top. Fabulous with a tossed salad.