-Under 250 Calories
Creamy Salmon and Broccoli Pasta
Salmon and broccoli is a classic combination and deservedly so. It is a real weight loss friendly one too, add a bit of pasta and you have an appetising and satisfying meal in no time at all.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 75g pasta shells, dried weight
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into florets
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons semi-skimmed milk
- 150g salmon fillets, cut into cubes
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions then drain. Steam the broccoli for 10 minutes and remove from the heat.
In a large saucepan, heat up the oil and sauté the leek and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese and milk then add the salmon pieces and cook until they turn opaque about 6–8 minutes.
Once everything is cooked, combine it all together. Have with a simple side salad.