-Under 250 Calories
Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti
When you are on a weight-loss plan, sometimes socialising can go out of the window. This is a great recipe for having friends around for a meal, this is such a super dinner they will not even know you are giving them a meal from your eating plan.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 75g spaghetti (dry weight)
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 350g mushrooms, any type, whipped and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 55ml white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme about, a small handful from the bunch
- 55ml single cream
- 20g Vegetarian pasta cheese, finely grated (you can use any hard cheese)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, about a small handful from the bunch
Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, mushrooms, garlic and seasoning and sauté for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have browned.
Add the wine and thyme and cook for a further 2 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally, remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked pasta, cream, Parmesan cheese and parsley, tossing to combine, serve with green side salad.