-Under 300 Calories
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Serve this delicious weight loss helpful meal as a quick and tasty midweek dinner for all the family, perfect when cold for lunch boxes the following day too.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 100g fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 back bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 100g skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- ½ 400g can chopped tomatoes, in their juice
- 25g sour cream
Cook the pasta according to instructions and drain and keep warm.
In a lightly oiled frying pan or saucepan sauté the bacon and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning salt and pepper, cook stirring, until the pepper is beginning to soften which will be about 4 minutes.
Add the flour and quickly stir to coat everything, next add the tomatoes and their juice then bring to a simmer, keep stirring until the sauce is bubbling and thickened and the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream and add the pasta into the sauce. Have straight away with a mixed salad.