-Under 250 Calories
Coconut Coated Lemon Cod
Not always the first thing you think of when it comes to fish, yet the coconut really gives a great flavour to the cod in the slim friendly meal. Enhanced with a tasty yogurt dressing it is so tasty.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut (or ground flakes, unsweetened)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ lemon, grated zest
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g cod fish fillets, fresh or defrosted frozen
- 1 medium, egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 120ml plain yogurt (for dressing)
- ½ garlic clove, finely (for dressing)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, about a small handful from the bunch (for the dressing)
Combine flour, coconut, turmeric, chilli powder, lemon zest salt and black pepper. Dip the fish in the beaten egg, then into the flour mixture.
Cook the covered cod in a lightly oiled frying pan or griddle on a medium heat for 2–4 minutes per side cook fish until flesh flakes when tested with a fork.
For the dressing combine the yogurt, garlic and parsley together. Great with a variety of vegetables or simple side salad.