-Under 250 Calories
Warm Gemelli with Cherry Tomato, Asparagus & Artichoke
Artichokes can often be overlooked but they are a delicious vegetable and diet helpful too, here they are combined with cherry tomatoes, yet can go with lots of other ingredients, experiment with them, see what you like.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 250g fresh gemelli pasta
- 350g asparagus, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 125g rocket
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. During the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the asparagus to the pan and cook until tender then drain.
Whilst the pasta is cooking combine vinegars, oil and pepper in a large bowl, stirring vigorously with a whisk.
Finally add the cooked pasta mixture, rocket, tomatoes and artichokes and toss with the vinegar mix. Serve straight away, fantastic with a mixed side salad.