-Under 300 Calories
Pasta Twirls with Kale and Cheese
Kale can be a bit overlooked, but like most green vegetables it is full of nutrients. Combined with some tangy cheese, it can be a surprising find for a lot of dieters and non-dieters alike.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 250g fresh fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 110g kale, stalks removed, washed and chopped
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 120ml vegetable stock
- 200g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 20g Vegetarian pasta cheese, finely grated (you can use any hard cheese)
- ¼ small chilli, finely chopped (optional)
Cook the pasta in plain boiling water according to packet instructions and then drain.
In a medium saucepan heat the oil then add the garlic, kale and seasoning cook for 1 minute or until the kale starts to wilt, next add the stock and bring it all to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
Finally, add the pasta and cannellini beans and keep stirring until everything is hot, finally top with the pasta cheese and chopped chilli, great with a mixed side salad.