-Under 250 Calories
Pan-Seared Halibut with Yellow Pepper Relish
The light yellow pepper relish is nice and easy to make before and can be sorted for a few days before, also its great for any leftovers of just about anything else you may have in the fridge that needs a bit if a zing.
Ingredients: Serves two
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 x 100g halibut fillets, fresh or defrosted frozen
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 5 chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, about a small handful from the bunch
Season the halibut with salt and pepper, in a lightly oiled frying pan or griddle cook the seasoned fish for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, remove the fish from pan keeping them warm in a low heat oven or with some kitchen foil, placed just over the top.
Add a little more oil to the pan then add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 1 minute, next add the pepper, tomatoes, red wine vinegar and paprika and sauté for 3 minutes or until the pepper is tender lastly stir in the parsley. Have the halibut with the yellow pepper relish and a range of vegetables or mixed salad.