-Under 350 Calories
Ginger & Coconut Curry with Tofu
This is such a brilliant curry with a fabulous delicate taste that everyone will enjoy, if you want a little more spice, add a little chilli powder.
Ingredients: Serves two
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped, save a little for serving
- 100ml light coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chille paste
- 200g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, plum, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 50g fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, about a small handful from the bunch
- 150g bok choy, chopped
- Sprinkle of desiccated coconut to finish
In a large saucepan, over a medium heat mix the coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, curry powder, ginger, and chille paste and bring to a gentle boil.
Next stir in the tofu, tomatoes, yellow pepper, mushrooms, and finely chopped spring onions, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally mix in the basil and bok choy and season to taste, simmer for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but crisp.
Serve with the remaining spring onions and sprinkling with a little desiccated coconut to finish.