-Under 200 Calories
Fabulous Broccoli & Yellow Pepper Soup
This is not only great to taste, but a fabulous looking soup too. Give it a small swirl of single cream and it is a great starter for dinner parties.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 1 large broccoli head, chopped – use all of the broccoli
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, about a small handful from the bunch
- ½ tablespoon single cream
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat then sauté the onion and yellow pepper with the basil until the onion is just translucent – do not let it burn. Next add most of the stock, salt, pepper and broccoli and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the broccoli is cooked, about 7 minutes, the broccoli may break up during the simmering, but do not worry as it will all be blended at the end.
Remove from the heat and let the soup mixture cool for a few minutes, then blend in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth, just add a little extra stock if you want the soup a little smoother. Serve with a swirl of single cream.