-Under 150 Calories
Fantastic Chilli, Lentil & Tomato Soup
A really great satisfying soup that could easily make a main course if you are ever pushed for time.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes, drained – keep the juice, add it to the stock
- ½ can (400g) green lentils, rinsed and drained
In a large saucepan on a medium heat, sauté the chopped onion and garlic in the vegetable oil, then add the chilli powder seasoning and stir for 1 minute. Next add the stock, tomatoes and lentils and bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool before blending. You can either blend it to make a smooth soup, or if you prefer a slightly chunkier texture, quickly pulse in a food blender.