-Under 200 Calories
This is a delicious healthy combination of a sharp lemon flavour and salty black olives, great with some saffron rice.
Ingredients: Serves two
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 x 100g free-range boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 120ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, about a small handful from the bunch
- 75g medium black olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon, grated
In a lightly oiled frying pan or wok sauté the onion until soft, add the garlic and cinnamon, sauté for a further 1 minute. Add the chicken breasts, cook until well browned on all sides. Add the stock and coriander, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add lemon zest and the olives and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Remove just the chicken to a serving plate keeping it warm in a low heat oven or with some kitchen foil, placed just over the top.
Bring the remaining sauce to a boil and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, pour over the chicken and serve with lemon wedges and a variety of vegetables or mixed salad.