-Under 250 Calories
This brilliant baked trout is a fantastic dish hot or cold – great for a picnic.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, about a small handful from the bunch, save a few leaves for serving
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 x 175g rainbow trout fillets
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Combine the basil, lemon juice and oil then place the trout fillets in an oven-proof baking dish.
Sprinkle the trout fillets with pepper and salt and place the lemon slices on top, next pour half of the basil mixture over trout fillets.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, finally spoon the remaining basil mixture over fish before serving.
Terrific with some sweet potato mash and fresh veggies.