-Under 250 Calories
Corn maize polenta is available from most supermarkets, it is a satisfying and weight loss friendly product, easy to cook, and you do not need too much to feel full. Here it is served with tasty blue cheese, mushrooms and peppers, but you can combine it with lots of different veggies and use a different cheese if blue is not your colour.
Ingredients: Serves two
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 200g mushrooms, any type, wiped and sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, rinsed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme about, a small handful from the bunch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, about a small handful from the bunch
- Pinch of ground sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 100g dry, uncooked polenta
- 50g Danish blue cheese
Heat the oil in a griddle or frying pan then sauté the mushrooms and peppers until tender with the garlic, herbs and seasoning.
While the mushrooms and peppers are cooking, make the polenta according to packet instructions with water and omit any butter if it is included in the instructions, next divide the polenta between two gratin dishes and top with the cooked mushrooms and peppers.
Finally sprinkle with crumbled cheese then place under a hot grill for 2–5 minutes, until cheese melts, delicious with a spinach and rocket side salad.